The Official 2014 Commemorative Boston Marathon Survivors Charm. Proceeds from the sale of each charm will be donated to The One Fund-Boston to continue to aid the financial burdens and medical bills incurred by the 2013 marathon victims and their familes. As most know, several of the victims incurred single and double amputations that have forever altered their lives and families. The amputee victims and others will continue to incur medical expenses throughout their lives to support their need for updated prosthetics.
The perpetual sale of this charm will result in continued dontations to The One Fund on behalf of the victims and their families.
Official product images will be added after initial lot production.
1) The shoe design represents the Boston Marathon, marathoners, runners and marathon spectators.
2) The color red signifies energy, strength, power, determination as well as passion, desire, and love. Red is also a common color associated with Boston.
3) The red design across the side of the shoe resembles an "EKG" line. This part of the design represents the survivors' strength and courage, the compassion and assistance of the first responders and marathon volunteers and average citizen heroes that stepped up that day to assist and save the victims. It also serves as an emblem that stands for the victims we lost who are forever in our hearts.
4) The word "INSPIRE" will be inscribed on the dangle ring. The word "inspire" is the first word that comes to mind when reflecting on the events of April 15, 2013. We were inspired when citizens from all skill backgrounds stepped up to help. We were inspired when the survivors overcame emotional shock and defeat, and when they emerged as strengthened individuals who were determined to conquer hate, evil and the fear of an unknown future. We have further been inspired witnessing the survivors overcome the new found physical limitations that were incurred during the marathon. A city was inspired to come together in love and unity. A nation was once again inspired to stand together against the darkness, and to help support the survivor's and victims' families.
5) "BOSTON STRONG" signifies what we already know about a great city, and that even through such adversity, the soul of the city continues to grow strong and shine brightly.
Overall, this design fully represents every important aspect of the survivors and heroes and reaffirms the overall message that we must continue to "Inspire Boston Strong."
All orders through Murano Mod Fine Designs incur a flat rate shipping fee of $5.00. Unless otherwise specified, shipping method will be USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail. Shipping fee must be paid at the time of order. We anticipate the official release of this charm for mid April 2014. Items will be processed and shipped in the order they were received.
|Expected release date is 1st Apr 2014|